Licenses and Certifications:
Indoor Environmental Consultants, Inc. (IEC) is licensed as:
- Texas Dept. of State Health Services (TXDSHS) Mold Assessment Company #ACO0114
- Texas Dept. of State Health Services (TXDSHS) Asbestos Consultant Agency #100329
IEC employees are licensed as:
- TXDSHS Mold Assessment Consultant (MAC)
- TXDSHS Individual Asbestos Consultant (IAC)
In addition to licensing from the TXSDSHS, IEC employees are certified by the following associations:
- American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC) – formerly American Indoor Air Quality Council (AmIAQC)
- Green Business Certification, Inc. (GBCI) – formerly Green Building Certification Institute
IEC Consultants hold certifications including:
- Council-certified Indoor Environmental Consultant (CIEC)
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED Accredited Professional)
IEC President and Principal IAQ Consultant Hollis L. Horner is a LEED Accredited Professional.
Professional staff attend IAQ related symposiums, teach IAQ courses, and publish peer-reviewed IAQ literature to remain on the cutting edge of IAQ science.
American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) certified laboratories are employed for chemical and particulate analysis. IEC’s preferred biological laboratory provider MYCOTECH BIOLOGICAL, INC. (MBI) participates in the AIHA microbial proficiency analytical testing program EMPAT (#103006) to ensure quality control in microbial identification protocols. Mycotech Biological is a Texas DSHS Licensed Mold Analysis Laboratory Lic. # LAB0163. In addition to participating in AIHA’s EMPAT program, analysts at Mycotech Biological are certified spore analysts by the Pan American Aerobiology Certification Board.
“LEED AP” and the related acronym, and the LEED AP logos are trademarks owned by the U.S. Green Building Council and awarded to individuals under license by Green Business Certification, Inc.